Saturday, November 2, 2013

Pursued by God's Goodness and Steadfast Love

I got a letter today from the associate dean of the Department of Biblical and Theological Studies at Wheaton College. It read, in part:
"I am happy to inform you that you have passed your Biblical Exegesis Master of Arts comprehensive examination taken on October 26, 2013."
May God be praised! I called on him in the day of trouble, and he delivered me. And so now it's time to glorify him (Ps. 50:15), apart from whom I can do nothing. I'm utterly dependent. And he's utterly reliable. Thanks be to God for his goodness toward me!

"Surely goodness and steadfast love will pursue me all the days of my life, and I shall dwell in the house of YHWH forever" (Ps. 23:6, translation mine). The LORD "holds my lot. The lines have fallen for me in pleasant places; indeed, I have a beautiful inheritance" (Ps. 16:5-6).

Many thanks also to my uncommon wife, whose steadfast help and support leave me in awe of her. I can honestly say that she never complained once, not even a word, throughout the whole degree. I married a remarkable woman.

I bless God for her. "She is far more precious than jewels. The heart of her husband trusts in her, and he will have no lack of gain. She does him good, and not harm, all the days of her life" (Prov. 31:10-12). May her children rise up and call her blessed (Prov. 31:28).

No comments:

Post a Comment