Saturday, November 16, 2013

My Uncommon Wife: Living a Beautiful Life

Yesterday I posted an update about Em's miscarriage. Finding some reprieve here the last day, and reflecting a little more on the Lord's work in our lives, I have a few more thoughts—this time about my uncommon wife.

The past month of living beside my wife as she went through this miscarriage has convinced me that she's the most godly woman I know. There may be women more godly than she, but I don't know them and haven't met them. 

In fact, I can't imagine a woman weathering such a storm with greater grace, with more patient endurance through protracted pain, with deeper hope in a sovereign God, with more firmness of faith, with a more God-centered outlook, and with a more Christ-exalting demeanor than my wife. 

This Emily of mine, hers is a beautiful life: and so I deeply admire my precious wife. And I'm learning to imitate her faith. In many important respects, she's the pillar of stability for our little family. 

I can't imagine life without her. I'm deeply grateful for God's healing hand upon her. And I praise him for fashioning a woman who reflects so much of the character and goodness and beauty of God to me. 

She's one of those holy women who hope in God above all else (1 Pet. 3:5; Ps. 62:5). She's one of those excellent saints of whom the world is not worthy (Heb. 11:38). 

No comments:

Post a Comment