Friday, April 30, 2010

Program-Driven or Gospel-Driven Church?

It is no revelation that American churches reflect American culture far too much.  And it is also not difficult to see for the casual observer (without head in the sand) that our churches are oftentimes far more concerned about programs than people or mission.  Check out here for ten reasons to "underprogram your church" at Jared Wilson's blog.  I confess that this program mentality has been a source of grief for me since I was called into the Christian Church about a dozen years ago.

HT: Justin Taylor (This seems to be the convention when you swipe a post from someone, but I confess along with my grief that I also am not certain I know what "HT" means.  Any light for my darkness would be greatly appreciated.)

No comments:

Post a Comment