Thursday, September 22, 2011

Finish the Mission Conference

Em and I are taking a short vacation with Em's brother in Minneapolis this weekend. The occasion: the global glory and cause of Christ. It's Desiring God's national conference: Finish the Mission. Em and I have gone for years now. It's been our main vacation. Beats the beach any day!

Living in the suburbs of Chicago surrounded by Middle America concerns 24/7, this weekend should prove to be a corrective. Surrounded by worldliness, a vision of the Church's mission should prove salutary. At least that's my prayer. And I also pray that my brother-in-law Ruslan will be stirred to persevere toward the goal of one day doing missionary work in the Ukraine, his birthplace.

2 comments:

Steve B. said...

Have a great time! May you enjoy His grace so much that you long to extend His glory.

Jeff Wencel said...

Thanks, Steve!

Post a Comment