Saturday, November 27, 2010

The Most Beautiful Among Women

From time to time I'm overwhelmed with God's grace to me. Frequently this happens as I experience what a gift my wife Emily is. She is, without question, the most beautiful among women. When I married her, I knew she was beautiful. But the half hadn't been told or revealed to me! I might say with Job, with different wording and application, that I had heard of God's handiwork with the hearing of the ear, but now my eye sees! A wonderful wife's worth is simply incalculable. O the depths of the riches! My wife's worth is above gold, yes, even fine gold, and the jewels adorning her, they outshine the brightest of them all.

My council to younger men: in seeking a wife, you ought not to undervalue the wisdom and glory of God's Word on this matter. You ignore God's Word here at your peril. Wounds and sorrow will you get for yourself if you choose a wife unwisely. So, dear younger brothers in the faith, take heed to God's wise Word as you seek a helper and life-long companion. It's the second most important step and act of trust you will ever make.

No comments:

Post a Comment