Thursday, December 16, 2010

Hebrew Man Is No More

My wife is celebrating that the "Hebrew man" (which name she gave me during intensive Hebrew in the summer) is no more. I've formally finished my studies in Hebrew, having passed the Hebrew competency exam at Wheaton College on Monday and my final on Wednesday. Now the fun stuff begins--Hebrew exegesis!

A word about learning a language. This is undoubtedly a good exercise for anyone to do, not least children. The mental, and even physical discipline, necessary for accumulating all the necessary machinery to work with a language is undoubtedly strengthening and potentially character building. It requires a discipline and toughness (especially if you don't particularly enjoy the language and are working as a clinician!) that most other kinds of coursework do not require.

No comments:

Post a Comment