Saturday, May 28, 2011

Global Cooling

Joel Belz records this eye-opener in the June 4, 2011 edition of World:
Seems strange these days, but in the mid-'70s, Newsweek didn't think it was strange to sound a major warning concerning the phenomenon [global cooling]. The glaciation of the whole planet was considered by many to be a strong and even "imminent" likelihood.
I really think that this sort of phenomenon points to God's sense of humor. "He who sits in the heavens laughs; the Lord hold them in derision" (Ps. 2:4). And I doubt he's half so impressed with "science" as we are. I confess I'm impressed with some things achieved by science, but not everything that passes for science. I also confess that although I sometimes grow angry at the political circus full of political clowns here in our big tent homeland, I don't get angry about global warming: I just laugh jollily; it cheers me up.

No comments:

Post a Comment