Wednesday, June 8, 2011

A Father's Firm Affection

Here's a good word to fathers from Doug Wilson, entitled Love Tanks. Loving fathers are crucial and yet in short supply. We live in a fatherless society. So may God bestow on our churches the glory of dads imitating him. Talk about being salt and light.

Reading Wilson's post, my mind easy drifted to thinking about my father-in-law. I'm deeply grateful for his love toward his daughter for years before I ever came on the scene. She's an exceedingly beautiful woman in large measure on account of her father's steadfast love. So I bless God for that man's labors of love. He got, I think, the balance that Wilson discusses just about right. And I've learned a lot from him (and I'm still learning). Thank you, God in heaven! And thanks, Dad Haag!

No comments:

Post a Comment